Deep Travel: Have Adventures No Guidebook Can Tell You About
Have life-changing travel adventures no guidebook can tell you about. Dive DEEP into foreign cultures and enjoy authentic, rich connections with the people who live in the places you visit.
Taught by a professional travel writer, world explorer, and former Rick Steves tour guide ~ Dave Fox has been featured for his knowledge of foreign cultures on the History Channel, Channel NewsAsia, National Public Radio in the United States, and ABC Radio in Australia.
Have you ever known somebody who goes on vacation and comes home with larger-than-life tales to tell – every single time? Have you ever wondered why some people have incredible adventures when they travel, while others have a good time but never seem to go beyond the generic tourist experience? Have you ever wished you could be one of the people who has all the incredible adventures – an intrepid explorer who plunges deep into local cultures, connects with fascinating people, transcends cultural differences, and comes home with wild stories?
~ This course teaches you how to make that happen … even if you’re an introvert! ~
Huge, crazy, life-changing travel experiences don’t happen by accident. Yes, there’s an element of chance involved as to when they occur, but they happen far more frequently to people who travel with a certain mindset, a special attitude, a willingness to venture beyond the usual guidebook recommendations and dive deep into local life.
To some people, that might sound scary, but if you follow the tips in this course, it won’t be. You’ll discover how to slowly, gently stretch the boundaries of your cultural comfort zones, tiptoeing lightly at first until you gain the confidence to plunge deeper into the enthralling world of culture shock.
You’ll discover how to…
- Travel with the mindset necessary to transcend mainstream tourism and dive deep into unfamiliar places.
- Explore the challenges (and thrills) of culture shock, and flow with those challenges so that traveling in a foreign environment doesn’t feel intimidating.
- Connect with people who live in the places you visit – in authentic ways that are far more sincere and intimate than any scripted tour company activity.
- Make yourself approachable as a traveler, so you meet new friends and gain invitations into people’s lives.
- Meet people safely, reading their attitude and body language, and developing a sense of when it’s okay to trust a stranger or a potential new friend.
This course also includes an interview with Beth Whitman, author of Wanderlust and Lipstick: The Essential Guide for Women Traveling Solo, about travel safety concerns specific to women.
Dave Fox is a professional travel writer and bestselling author … and he’s one of those people who has deep, rich encounters with the local culture whenever and wherever he travels. For years, Dave has been exploring the world, seeking out unique, sometimes wacky adventures, and teaching aspiring travel writers how to craft amazing tales.
Now, in this course for non-writers and writers alike, he explains his techniques for plunging deep into foreign environments, immersing himself confidently in cultures he doesn’t understand, and connecting with the people who live in the places he writes about.
And hey, Dave believes learning should be entertaining … so his lessons aren’t just full of useful tips for connecting with people in the places you visit. He also weaves lively personal anecdotes into each lesson to illustrate what he teaches! He offers tales from his journeys on five continents as he reveals how he connects with people wherever he goes.
Whether you’re an experienced explorer seeking a deeper level of excitement in your travels, or a new adventurer planning your first trip abroad, you’ll discover how to transcend mainstream tourism, break free from guidebook “must see” checklists, and connect with local cultures in authentic ways that most travelers wish they could do, but don’t know how to.
If you’ve read this far, that probably means you love to travel. You’re curious about the world and you want to have the biggest, boldest travel experiences you possibly can. The skills you learn here will enrich your life with extraordinary adventures as you discover how to connect in any culture with people who are different from you.
Most tourists just skim the surface of the places they visit. If you want to dive deep and come home with big tales to tell, join us in this three hour workshop – and get ready to travel like you never have before!
Also check out my writing courses on Udemy:
- Globejotting: How to Write Extraordinary Travel Journals (and still have time to enjoy your trip!)
- Travel Writing: Explore the World & Publish Your Stories
- Professional Humor Tricks for Writers, Speakers, and Other Misfits
- The Writing Mind 1: Defeat Writer’s Block & Write Confidently
- The Writing Mind 2: Overcome Distractions & Get More Written