Health & Safety and Food Safety for hospitality operators
This course provides information for people working in the catering and hospitality industry on how to comply with Health and Safety Law and Food Safety law, the main risks areas and control and prevention methods. You will learn how to manage health and safety in your business and provide adequate training to your team.
The course covers:
- H&S and Food Safety Legislation overview;
- Management and employee responsibilities in ensuring compliance with the Law;
- Main Hazards and risks within catering and hospitality and their management;
- Risk assessments and mapping tools;
- Fire Safety;
- Equipment and Electrical Safety;
- Manual Handling techniques;
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health;
- Stress Management at Work;
- Provision of training and information for staff;
- Food Safety and how to implement food safety management procedures;
- Food Hygiene practice and controls;
- Allergens and safe allergen handling;
- Cross-contamination and its prevention;
- Safer Food, Better Business concept and HACCP food safety management system.
The course also contains quizzes, test and downloadable training materials that make it more engaging and practical and also can be used for your business.
By the end of this training you will be able to recognise health & safety and food safety hazards, hygiene risks and understand how they may be prevented and controlled and, all in all, how to ensure safety in your business.