This course is intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge of spirits and gives a basic introduction to spirits. The qualification will assist those who work with the spirits industry, retail, and hospitality sectors.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge on the basic principles of spirit production
• Understand the main types and styles of spirits
• Learn how to serve spirits
• Basic equipment and ingredients needed to serve cocktails
• Types of basic cocktails
• Understand factors affecting the flavour of spirits